In 1932, when the British mandate dominated the Land of Israel, four friends decided to build a cooperative to produce wooden crates for oranges called “Ha’argaz”. The initial capital they started with was 100 Israeli Liras. The four friends, Aharon Berski, Haim Winbom, Meshulam Yavnieli and Yitzchak Watsch, started their first day of work on 18.8.1932 in a space that they rented on 40 Zvulun Street in Tel Aviv. They created the crates manually with only hammers and nails to assist. They had no lumber yard, no appropriate machinery and no storage place, but they had a great desire to succeed.
The first order to produce 5000 wooden crates came from the “Yachin” company. Due to the quality of product produced by the friends at “Ha’argaz,” an additional order was placed by “Yachin” for 6500 wooden crates…
To view the history of the group click here